30-minute lesson: £15.00
45-minute lesson: £22.50
60-minute lesson: £30.00
Recommended lesson duration
Beginner to Grade 3: 30 minutes per week
(very young piano beginners may take 20-minute lessons initially)
Grade 4 to Grade 5: 45 minutes per week
Grade 6 upwards: 60 minutes per week
Grades 1 to 3: £24.00 (includes 30-minute rehearsal and exam)
Grades 4 & 5: £28.00 (includes 45-minute rehearsal and exam)
Grades 6 to 8: £32.00 (includes 1-hour rehearsal and exam)
Further rehearsals: £30.00 per hour
Rates negotiated according to requirements
Special student rates available - please enquire.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following information carefully, as it sets out the terms by which the Milsom School of Music provides tuition and services to private clients. By taking up regular (weekly / fortnightly / monthly) sessions of tuition with one of our tutors, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
1. Fees for lessons, other activities and examinations are payable by cheque to 'Milsom School of Music', or by electronic bank transfer (please ask your teacher for details).
2. Lessons are usually paid for half-termly, or in blocks of 4 or 6. If you wish to make alternative arrangements, please speak to your teacher.
3. N.B. Lessons missed with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the usual rate.
4. Teachers will always make reasonable attempts to reschedule cancelled lessons within the week, wherever possible.
5. Six weeks’ notice must be given when terminating lessons; fees will be charged for this period, whether or not lessons have been attended.
6. In the case of lessons being temporarily suspended at less than half a term’s notice a retainer fee will be payable, equivalent to half the usual lesson fee paid, during term-time only. This applies where lessons are suspended for more than two consecutive weeks, due to ill health, injury, GCSE / AS / A-level examinations, and similar circumstantial reasons.
Privacy and Data Protection
We are committed to complying with GDPR regulations as introduced on May 25th 2018.
Our Privacy Statement is available to read online or download here.