Sheffield's Holistic Music Educators
30-minute lesson: £15.00
45-minute lesson: £22.50
60-minute lesson: £30.00
Recommended lesson duration
Beginner to Grade 3: 30 minutes per week
(very young piano beginners may take 20-minute lessons initially)
Grade 4 to Grade 5: 45 minutes per week
Grade 6 upwards: 60 minutes per week
Exam accompaniments - prices from January 2021
WOODWIND AND BRASS (2 accompanied pieces)
Grades 1 to 3: £24.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
Grades 4 & 5: £28.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
Grades 6 to 8: £32.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
STRINGS AND VOICE (3 or 4 accompanied pieces)
Grades 1 to 3: £28.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
Grades 4 & 5: £32.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
Grades 6 to 8: £35.00 (includes 1 rehearsal and exam)
Additional rehearsals: £30.00 per hour
Travel outside Sheffield: calculated on distance and time
Rates negotiated according to requirements
Special student rates available - please enquire.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the following information carefully, as it sets out the terms by which the Milsom School of Music provides tuition and services to private clients. By taking up regular (weekly / fortnightly / monthly) sessions of tuition with one of our tutors, or booking a rehearsal or accompanied session, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Private Tuition and Rehearsals
1. Fees for lessons, other activities and examinations are normally payable by bank transfer (details shown on invoice); payment by cheque (to 'Milsom School of Music') is accepted where bank transfer is not possible.
2. Lessons are paid for monthly or half-termly, or at each lesson if preferred. An invoice or statement is issued periodically, as applicable.
3. N.B. Lessons or rehearsals missed or cancelled by the student/parent with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged at the usual rate.
4. Teachers will always make reasonable attempts to reschedule cancelled lessons within the week. When this is not possible due to timetabling constraints, the missed lesson will be billable if the cancellation or request to reschedule was made by the student/parent with less than 24 hours' notice.
5. Six weeks’ notice should be given when terminating lessons; fees will be charged for this period, whether or not lessons have been attended.
6. In the case of lessons being temporarily suspended at less than half a term’s notice a retainer fee will be payable, equivalent to half the usual lesson fee paid, during term-time only. This applies where lessons are suspended for more than two consecutive weeks, due to ill health, injury, GCSE / AS / A-level examinations, and similar circumstantial reasons.
Privacy and Data Protection
We are committed to complying with GDPR regulations as introduced on May 25th 2018.
Our Privacy Statement is available to read online or download here.